Tuesday, January 17, 2012

January Day 17

Day 17 "Water"

Today was pretty hot where I am and today's category being water it was tempting to go for a visit to the river or one of the near by beaches to take today's photo. However I decided to stay at home in the air conditioning instead. So today's photo is of my  backyard pond.
The origin of our pond dates back to the honeymoon. On our honeymoon there were some really nice ponds at one of the places we stayed. My husband asked if he could build a pond at our house, I agreed. About a week after we arrived home and I was back at work I received a picture message with the hole he had dug for the pond. My first thought was "oh no, what have I agreed to?". It was a bit larger than I had imagined as we don't have a huge back yard. When I saw the beginning of it I was a bit worried, now I think it is looking good. Still a little more work to do but it's getting there.

No comments:

Post a Comment