Tuesday, January 10, 2012

January Day 10

"Childhood"


This a doll from my childhood holding my preschool photo album.
You can see me pictured in the left of the album using a hula hoop, something that seemed so easy as a kid but when I tried it a few weeks ago with my nieces I was absolutely hopeless. Perhaps the pregnant belly didn’t help.
In the photo on the right hand side of the album I am playing with play dough, which is something I will be attempting to make this week for my daughter birthday party.
The doll holding the album is not the first cabbage patch doll I received as a child. This was one that was bought to replace my first cabbage patch doll after my younger sister left it at somewhere at a shopping  centre. This is just one of many toys that my sister borrowed without permission and lost or broke. It made me very angry as a kid, but I know now she only wanted to play with my toys because she loved me because I am her big sister.

2 comments:

  1. hahaha and now do you look back and laugh? or wish you smothered me when we shared a room as kids? lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something that i laugh about, but i love the fact that Tirranna now plays with my doll.

    ReplyDelete